Monday, April 25, 2016

The warm and the wind!

It would appear that Spring has Sprung and Summer is just over the horizon here in Manitoba, all be it windy at the moment. I am busy busy busy with all sorts hobby farm hence my distinct lack of blogging! My first batch of eggs went into the incubator yesterday, a barnyard mix of heritage breeds that should produce some wonderfully varied dual purpose breeds. I now need to wait 10 days until I can candle the eggs in order to see what is good and what is not.
In about two weeks time I will start to collect more eggs for the second batch. Hopefully in that group there will be some duck and maybe turkey eggs! Watch this space.
My tomatoes and chili plants are growing in leaps and bounds, and over the next wee or so we will start to get the potatoes in the ground. All go, but we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment