Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Soup Sievings Savoury Rolls

Soup sievings, you may ask? Simple really, whenever I make soup that has been whizzed I most often than not sieve it to remove all the stringy pulpy bits. These certainly do not go to waste. With a tomato based soup I usually use these sievings up as the tomato base for a pizza. However, on this occasion I tried a new recipe.

I made a simple bread dough -

400 ml water
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
1 tbsp of traditional yeast
Enough flour to make a soft dough (I used a mix of white and wholewheat flours)

Once the bread had risen for about an hour I rolled it out to a long rectangle. I then spread the soup sievings over the entire rolled out dough and sprinkled it with some grated cheese.


Ready to roll

Roll carefully and as tight as you can so you have a large sausage shape. Proceed to cut them in to sections about an inch or so thick. Place on a baking sheet and let rise for about half an hour.


Ready to bake

Bake on 350 degrees until risen and slightly browned. Savoury leftover soup sievings rolls!


Scrummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment