Friday, January 19, 2018

Medicinal Milk

Two of my favourite go to medicinal drinks are molasses milk and golden milk. Although I tend to lean on them more when there is sickness in the household they are both an enjoyable and soothing drink.
Today I feature molasses milk, I shall do a blog on the health benefits of golden milk in one of my next weeks blogs.




Molasses milk is super easy to make folks, so easy I am surprised it is not more widely used. Take a cup of milk and in a pan gently heat until warm, add a tsp or so of molasses or to your individual taste. Heat until hot but do not let it boil.
Enjoy with a sprinkle of mace or nutmeg if you prefer :)




Molasses is stock full of goodies. It contains Calcium, Iron, Vitamin B6, Magnesium and Zinc so it is quite the lesser known powerhouse.

It is essential that you use good quality molasses as some of the cheaper brands can be adulterated with less than beneficial additives. I use organic unsulphured molasses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment